1. The sleeve has the full passage Titus 2:3-5 written on it.
Wearing clothes with Scripture written on it dates back to Deuteronomy 7. The message is worn because it is lovely to meditate on Scripture and it’s easy to do when you have it on your clothes.
“And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.”
Deuteronomy 6:5-9 NLT
2. The Bible reference Titus 2:3-5 is written on the pocket. This passage is extremely important. After stating the instructions for women, there is a follow-up clause, “…then they will not bring shame on the Word of God.”
3. Biblical Womanhood is written on the front to remind us of the distinct call the Bible presents for women.
Reasons 4 through 10 are six of the instructions given in Titus 2:3-5.
4. Live in a way that honors God
The ultimate purpose of each instruction in this passage is to encourage us to live in a way that honors God. I go in to detail about the greater glory these instructions point to in the post The Essence of Biblical Womanhood Part Two: The Greater Glory.
5. Must not slander others or be heavy drinkers
Look at the sleeve on your hoodie before and during those phone conversations when you might be tempted to slander someone. In other words this hoodie is a continuous reminder to practice obedience to God's commands.
6. Teach others what is good
We have the responsibility of using our influence to teach others what is good. Keep in mind our lives are a major part of the curriculum we present.
7. Train younger women to love their husbands and children
It is written very plainly, we must teach younger women to love their husbands and children.
8. Live wisely and be pure
Wisdom and purity, a noble pursuit!
“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.”
Whether your married or unmarried it is very important to cultivate and uphold God’s standard for wives. In your spear of influence you serve as the reminder of what He says about the role and topic.